Friday, June 25, 2010

Stocking up!

So as you can see...I did a little shopping today! Got only the best deals on toddler/baby stuff! I did forget to get the required fire extinguisher...(<---not as much fun;) I promised B nothing else that's not garage sale from now until our placement...I will try...then I reali zed I never even hit BRU! We have A LOT of paper work to do in upcoming weeks...finger prints, fire inspection, essay questions, background check, marriage certificates, all insurances documentations, physical, TB test...blah, blah, blah....I vow to get much done this week before Fourth of July weekend. My mom will be in town next weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo fun! I'm so glad you "shopping" for a little one! When the calls come they come fast! We had 22 hours to get the essentials with 2 of our babies. A few desperate phone calls and you'd be amazed at what arrived! Don't sweat the "stuff" too much. You will have time to get out once a child is placed. And it's fun to get to shop with baby as well.

    The list seems long and annoying for some of the requirements, but the good thing is that most of it you have to buy just once and then you're done!

    This is getting exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comment above. Looks like you are off to a good start but once you get your first placement you should be able to get a voucher to go and purchase some remaining things. Our county usually gives around 150.00 or 200.00 to get us started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that with every placement we've had, we've spent too much money (but happily). It's great that you are stocking up, I did the same thing! My husband couldn't believe the stuff I got. However, it all came in handy. Good luck on all the paperwork!

    ReplyDelete