Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sorry I haven't blogged in foorrrevvvverrr!!!!

Still trudging along with classes for Therapeutic foster care. We have not been called with any potential matches from our foster agency. Will be officially Therapeutic foster parents by end of March...hoping for placement AT LEAST by first of April.

The potential family/friend adoption placement of a little baby boy fell through:( The potential birth father (who is a family friend of B's) says he wants to parent once paternity test comes through. Gee this news was really hard to take. And this was only a taste of what is to come with foster care. I really had a moment (or more) when I told B "I don't know if I can do this!" This guy does NOT have his life together. He owns a pit bull (mix) and he doesn't even have a crib!!! (and you know I wasn't offering ours!)

Oh boy, what are we getting ourselves into????


* One piece of good news: Half marathon training is going great and starting to see weight loss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment